Blenheim Communities respects your privacy and will take all steps to protect the personal information we hold about you.
1.1 We collect information about you (‘your information’):
- Personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and any other information that you provide to us freely when you enquire with us as a home buyer or landowner either in person or online.
- This information is used to administer your enquiry only. You will not receive any marketing emails unless you subscribe to our newsletter. We do not share your information with any third party including Blenheim and Blenheim Palace, excluding Blenheim Estate Homes. Our sales activities will comply with the Fair Processing principle.
1.2 How do we protect your information?
(a) We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data.
- Your information is stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). Where we transfer and store the information outside the EEA area, we will ensure that appropriate controls are in place to ensure your information is protected.
- We take all the reasonable precautions to keep our network secure by using a well-configured firewall and antivirus software.
1.3 How do we use the information that you provide us with?
(a) We use your Information for the purposes of:
- Contacting you (by email or post) with information about our products and future events and to send regular newsletters. Please note that this will only be done if you have opted in to receive email communication at the point of enquiry or sale. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by clicking on the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ link in those emails, or by contacting us at our address. Please note that it can take up to 72 hours for our systems to update your change in subscription status.
- Personal information will be stored on secure network systems and will be used only for our marketing purposes if consented, and for operational purposes.
- Conducting promotions, competitions or prize draws that you have entered using the website, or via social media. We may also invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback. Occasionally a third-party organisation will have access to data to help us analyse information held by us for marketing purposes.
- Making the website available to you by recognising the IP address of your computer and any preferences you may have indicated on earlier visits.
- Monitoring visitor traffic on our website and conducting analysis on the performance of our website so that we can improve the user experience.
- The information you submit within any form is used in relation to the form and we do not use any of this information for marketing purposes unless specified by you.
1.4 Your rights:
- Right to be informed - You have the right to ask for information we hold for you. Please request for our Subject Access Procedure and a Subject Access Request form.
- Right to rectification - The data we hold will be corrected when we are notified of any changes or errors.
- Right to be forgotten – In most circumstances, information we hold for you will no longer be processed if requested to do so.
- Right to complain to ICO – Information Commissioners’ Office
(b) Changes to this policy
Because we are constantly improving our website there may be developments in how we use your data. We will make sure we comply to the principles of General Data Protection regulation.
All such developments will be promptly notified to you in this policy. The contents of this notice will be reviewed periodically, and any changes will be posted on this page, therefore you are advised to refer to it from time to time.
Blenheim entities are registered on the data protection register with ICO.